Monday, December 21, 2009

Chicken A La Theresa

Mushrooms, sliced and ready to go
Mushrooms, butter, garlic, cream, and a touch of marinade
Chicken A La Theresa with baked potatoes on the side

Tonight I tried a friend's recipe for Chicken A La Theresa, and I might have a new favorite meal. I love, love, LOVE the mushroom cream sauce that goes with this baked chicken. I did modify the original recipe quite a bit to fit what we had on hand and in our budget, but it was fantastic. I would probably choose to serve the chicken with angel hair pasta next time, and pour the extra sauce over it. The potatoes weren't bad, but they just didn't fit. You'll find the original recipe here. Here's what I did:

Chicken:
3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Cups chicken broth
1/4-1/2 Cup White wine
1/2 tsp Pepper
1-2 tsp each rosemary and basil
1/8 tsp dill

Place the chicken in a zip top bag, add the marinade ingredients, and let marinade for 2 hours.

1lb Mushrooms, sliced
2 Cloves Garlic
6 Tbsp Butter (1/2 Cup works, too)
1/3-1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Chicken marinade

After chicken has marinaded (preheat oven to 350F now):
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-medium high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook until mushrooms are slightly browned (20-30 minutes for me). Add cream and marinade, reduce until mushrooms have absorbed a bit of the liquid.

Place chicken in buttered baking dish (for 3 small breasts I used an 8x8). Pour mushroom sauce over chicken. Cover pan with tin foil. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment